Thursday, July 30, 2009

Deepika Padukone Talked About Ranbir - Saif Ali Khan

What is it about Deepika Padukone that makes one get obsessed about her? Of course she's beautiful and tall. But is there something else? Maybe it's a magical spell. We dunno.

Would we have been better off not knowing she existed so she wouldn't be on our mind? Is it love? It better not be because Ranbir might just be reading this interview... Padukone is a heart-shaped beauty that sends men into fits of sputtering praise.

Devansh Patel speaks to the 21st century's pin up girl on her Kal In-Laws, her Aaj love Ranbir, her aaj kal idea about love, her being a love guru, Saif's love tips and much more.

Producers Aaj Kal
''I think both Saif Ali Khan and Dinesh Vijan have been extremely professional. I couldn't tell for a minute that they are first time producers. They have left no stone unturned.

Right from approaching me for the film to the time that we are now ready to showcase our film to the world. Today's producers are more agile and are jack of all. They are young, think new and are far more experienced in the film industry than other independent producers.''

Imtiaz Kal
''Having worked with Imtiaz Ali, I can definitely tell that the success of his earlier film Jab We Met hasn't got into him. He hasn't even realised to date how big a film Love Aaj Kal has turned out to be. That's what makes him special.

The fact that Imtiaz is here to make good cinema and not be affected by the success or the failure of the film. What makes it even more special is the fact that Imtiaz had signed me for this film before Om Shanti Om had released. That brings in you a lot of confidence.''

Imtiaz Aaj
''I would call him a new age director. But he does have sensibilities as an Indian and what the Indian cinema is really about. He has a good balance of both.''

The film
''The film is what the title is. Love was the same twenty years back or today. It has never changed. For different people, it might be different things. What's good about this film is that every generation will relate to this film.

Like I said, love is a universal language. Everyone experience it at some point in their life. That's the USP of the film. I'm sure people are going to use the same lines that Saif and I have used in Love Aaj Kal. It'll be a trendsetter.''

London shoot
''Yes, we have shot the film in London and on the outskirts of London. The beauty in the way the cameraman has shot London is very unusual.

You do not see the Big Ben, the Leicester Square, Oxford Street, Madame Tussauds or Millenium Dome. It's very real. We've shot some scenes in a coffee shop which went really candid. It's time the technicians experiment and as I said, the producer too brings in their new inputs.''

London Aaj
''It was a great experience shooting in London this time around. Whenever anyone says that we are shooting in London, I get really excited because you shoot for so many months out there and it instantly feels like it's your city.

It has changed off late it seems. I guess the way we've shot the film that's why. But today's London is all about youth. All about new life. I'm shooting my next film in London titled Housefull with Akshay Kumar, Arjun Rampal and Riteish Deshmukh.''

Saif Ali Khan Aaj
''He is one of the most talented actors our film industry has. He is also someone who has brought in a different kind of actor after Dil Chahta Hai.

Apart from that, Dil Chahta Hai was the first of its kind of new cinema to venture out of the traditional commercial films being churned out. Saif Ali Khan has also improved his dancing skills (laughs) off late. There isn't any other change except that he has grown a beard and plays a sardar.''

Deepika's Love Aaj:
''I believe in being loved and be in love and be in a beautiful relationship. I've seen my parents in a lovely twenty five years of their marriage and happy together. That's what I've seen all my life. Both together always.

I am like that and so is Ranbir. Nothing has changed between me and Ranbir. We've spent a lot of time together and in return we've known each other better. I am comfortable with Ranbir today.''

In-Laws Kal
''It was a true pleasure working with Rishiji and Neetuji. It's an honour to be working with both of them because they are such senior actors and talented. It's too early to tell whether they'll be my In-Laws. But his passion and dedication towards what he does is impeccable. He is an enthusiast.''

Love Guru
''I don't know whether I'll be a love guru to anyone (laughs). But everyone likes to give their inputs on love to someone else. You are your best judge and you'll know who is the best for you.''

Upset Pack Up
''The last day of the shoot and the day of pack up had arrived. I was really upset and never wanted this journey to end. I would like to believe that before the film hits the big screens, the journey never ends.

We are promoting the film till its last day and that's not the end. The day my film will release, I'll be happy and upset that it's all over now. The memorable journey has come to an end.''

Love tips from Saif
''This man is loaded with love tips. He will give you lots of things to take home at the end of the day. We did chat about 'Love' in general, his love for Kareena and so on. He is very intelligent when it comes to love. He has a lot of knowledge otherwise besides love.''

Love tips to Ranbir
''You are the last person I'll tell (laughs).''

0 comments:

Post a Comment