Thursday, July 30, 2009

My Director Thinks From Between My Legs - Kavita Kaushik

Kavita Kaushik famously known as Chandramukhi Chautala gets candid in an interview and talks about FIR and her character.

On the new season...
In the earlier seasons I use to chase Shiv and now, Ali will be after me. So in this season a man’s fantasies will entertain the audience.

There are so many dream sequences in this season which are romantic and at the same time funny. There are sequences, where he would imagine me romancing with him in gharelu attire. There are also a lot of dance sequences between us for which I will be dressing up in vibrant colours.

On FIR’s success…
It’s the character that clicked with the audience, a sexy girl who carries manly idiosyncrasies. Her accent has clicked with the masses; honestly it draws lot of male attention. Our director has got the best of comic timing.

He always has sex on his mind! So it kind of comes out in all the romantic and naughty scenes. In this season we have lot of Ali’s imagination and dreams that are portrayed beautifully, and do not look vulgar at all.

On her Haryanvi accent…
I have copied the entire personality and eccentricity from my dad to portray Chandramukhi Chautala. He’s an ex-cop, though not Haryanvi, but still he had lot of subordinates who were from north. He use to converse with them in that accent. In fact he addresses us as balko at home.

On Bollywood copying her…
Generally tele-actors tend to copy Bollywood, but I am definitely flattered that my character is copied by Neetu Chandra for a film. But I will never repeat the Haryanvi character again, it is only for FIR.

There was a time when I use to do negative role, I was only offered negative roles. In fact in my last film I was asked to play a Haryanvi character, but I convinced them for Bengali.

On the sets of FIR…
We shoot for six days a week. So while we are not shooting, we actually miss the shoots. I make pani-puri for everyone.I wear a big shirt and make pani-puri for everyone.

On Shiv Pandit…
I do miss shooting with Shiv Pandit. Now when I watch the reruns I feel good about our Jodi, we look so good together. I miss watching us together.

On Ali...
There is an age gap between us that is shown on-screen. He is a sweet charming chocolate boy and I am the masculine strong woman. Chocolate boy with hunterwaali is a very interesting combination.

0 comments:

Post a Comment