Saturday, July 25, 2009

My Time Is Coming - Udita Goswami

Ever since the release of Paap (2004), majority of films starring Udita Goswami have been highly dramatic affairs. However, the actress is now attempting a different genre with her latest film titled Rokk. The film belongs to supernatural genre, the shooting of which is all set to begin this August.

"Rokk will be extremely different from anything that I have done so far. It was important that I work on diverse genres. After giving myself a break to ponder over what I really wanted to do, I decided to work on Rokk", says Udita who was seen earlier this year in box office dud Kisse Pyaar Karoon that released several years after lying in the cans.

Rokk is about two sisters with Tanushree Dutta playing Udita's sister. As per Udita, the film has no heroes and the narrative is primarily character driven.

When an actress is launched in a Bhatt movie opposite none other than John Abraham, she is expected to become a hot property. Udita Goswami too had a good beginning with Pooja Bhatt directed Paap.

However, ever since then she has only been seen in Zeher, Aksar, Aggar and Kisse Pyaar Karoon. Any other actress in her place would have gone on a signing spree, so why did she choose to lie low?

"Well, I had a certain thought process around signing only those films which had me in a central role. However, this didn't quite work because how many women-centric films are actually made today?

Guess, I had to have a change in mindset and thankfully now I have revisited my priorities. Yes, I have become flexible in my choice of roles but am still particular about the banners I sign and people I work with", reasons Udita.

Is this the reason why she suddenly finds herself as a part of two Sunny Deol projects? "Yes, I am working in Fox and The Man, both of which are action films with Sunny Deol in the lead. Both films gave me a chance to do something that I haven't done before", reveals Udita.

Other than these two films, she would also be seen in Chase and Hello India where she would be seen opposite none other than Akshay Kumar. "My time is coming, you see", smiles Udita, "Just imagine, from one film in a year, I am rolling as many as five. It's good to be occupied and doing some nice work."

In the meanwhile, she is all excited to begin work on Rokk which is produced by Ikkon Films and Sumeet Saigal.

"The film is directed by this new guy called Rajesh Ranshinge", says Udita, "He is someone who is new to films but has been making some good supernatural thrillers for years on television.

He has seen it and done all in TV serials like 'Sssh Koi Hai', 'Aahat' and 'CID'. He is a great guy; someone who is very clear and focused."

0 comments:

Post a Comment