Saturday, September 19, 2009

Lisa Ray Wants To Marry & To Be Mother


Lisa Ray, on what prompted her to blog about her cancer on her blog, Yellow Diaries

Your decision to blog about your health setback has been received with stupendous warmth across the world. Comment.
I am totally overwhelmed. What began as a spontaneous decision to express my condition openly has evolved into this beautiful forum. But I'm just the train conductor. I'd like to keep inviting people onto the Yellow Diaries.

What prompted you to share your condition on the blog?
I shared my diagnosis with all a small circle of friends as soon as I knew. Then it was a matter of getting used to the new conditions in my life: the new treatments, the lifestyle, the insurance papers etc.

Then before I knew it, we have the Toronto International Film Festival and an interesting time. The idea of the film festival culture mixed with the reality of my treatments. I had to be honest. I don't like to hide anything in my life anyhow.

How hard is it to make your body listen to your determined spirit?
It was easier in the beginning because I wasn't very affected by the treatment. In fact I attended a charity event in LA as well as a festival here in Toronto when I was doing chemo. It's a cumulative effect on your body and system. I'm also learning every day. I want to share that journey.

You will continue your passion for traveling?
Traveling has been a big part of my life. However I feel I'm in a different phase now. I'm happy to be in one place.

Which are your favourite cities?
I love Dharamsala. There's a lot of cities but now my journey is a lot more internal.

Was it difficult to film Cooking With Stella in your health condition?
I don't know if I had Multiple Myeloma when I was filming Stella. On Wednesday we walked the Red Carpet for the premiere. I was looking forward to it.

How creatively satisfying have your recent films like I Can't Think Straight, and Kill, Kill Faster been?
Every creative endeavour is satisfying to me. I'm also pleased to hear that my old Garden ads were playing. I have a fond and old association with the brand. Isn't it odd how things come around?

Do you wish to marry and be a mother, like most women do?
Of course.

You once confessed you 'fled' from Bollywood because of the gossip. Are you more emotionally equipped now to deal with such hurdles?
Yes. We evolve and grow. The only consistency is change.

Would you be prompted to write a book on your experiences as the Warrior who fought an intimidating enemy and conquered the monster?
I would like to pursue writing, yes. It's something I have always loved and never had the complete courage to give myself over to. Perhaps now, with all the love and encouragement.

And I want to send out a message of love and thanks to everyone in India. Not only for me, I would hope that everyone continues to show love and compassion for anyone going through challenging times in their life.

0 comments:

Post a Comment