Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Shriya Saran Has No Hindi Films Right Now


Canada where Tamil-Telugu-Hindi star Shriya Saran is visiting for the first time could well become her home. Sh’s just finished working in Deepa’s brother Dilip Mehta’s Cooking With Stella and will be working in Deepa’s ambitious Kamagatara Maru.

Laughs Shriya, “I feel I am part of Deepa and Dilip’s family. They’re both so fond of me.Every time Deepa hugs me I feel I’ve come home.’ Home is not where Shriya is right now.She is currently at the Toronto Film Festival getting toasted for her performance in Dilip Mehta’s Cooking With Stella.

She chose to wear a saree which has unfortunately severely criticized for being garish and loud.

Speaking from Toronto Shriya is defensive of her attire. “Since I was representing India I thought a saree would be the best attire.Manish Malhotra designed it for me.I felt very comfortable in it.”

Shriya who’s accompanied by her mother to Toronto, claims she’s getting raves galore for her clothes. “There have been plenty of oohs and aahs. And it feels good. This is my first time in Toronto and the first time at a festival. So I’m very excited about it.”

Cooking With Stella is not Shriya’s first international film. She did James Dodson’s The Other End Of The Line which not too many people have seen.

“I know, ” sighs Shriya. “We worked really hard on it. In fact we went through intense workshop before doing The Other End Of The Line. But…” she trails off, and perks up in time to say she had big Tamil film coming up this Diwali.

“It Kutty with Dhanush and Sammir Dattani. It’s a cute love story and ideal for Diwali.No Hindi films right now.For now I’m off to New York after Toronto for a festival of South Indian films.”

0 comments:

Post a Comment