Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Me, The Best Kisser - Akshay


Akshay Kumar who just visited the Spanish countries Honduras and Puerto Rico has picked up a super-cool smattering of Spanish terms and phrases which he uses generously on his family, much to their amusement and annoyance.

Of late language has become an abiding passion with Akshay. More than the cuisine or the touristic sights Akshay is fascinated by the language of the countries he visits.

Often Twinkle would be seen shopping during the just-concluded vacation while Akshay would strike up a conversation with strangers.

Says Akshay, “I like connecting with foreigners, understanding their language. It’s not enough for me any more to speak Hindi, Punjabi, Marathi and English. I want to know foreign languages. The only way for me to grow as an actor is to broaden my horizon. ”

Voice modulation and languages were invariably considered Akshay’s weak points as an actor. He is determined to change that.

So does Akshay intend to be as good with languages as he’s with kissing? His Kambhakkt Ishq co-star Denise Richards has described him as a good kisser.

Akshay guffaws, “Yeah, I heard about that. Hmmm. It’s not as if I travelled to the moon or achieved something to be proud of. But anyway I’m happy.

Good action hero, good comic actor, and now good kisser. Maybe people will start calling me a good actor soon. I’m working on it. ”

Akshay Kumar who has just completed the last lap of his vacation with his wife and son is more amused than flattered by being designated a good kisser

About matching paces with Sylvester Stallone in Kambhakkt Ishq Akshay jokes, “It’s only because I take Chyawanprash. But don’t tell Stallone about it. I don’t want him to start taking it also. ”

On a more serious note he says, “When I was working as cook in Bangkok I had three posters on my room’s wall. Bruce Lee, Sridevi and Sylvester Stallone. The first of my idols I couldn’t work with. But I’ve been lucky enough to work with Sridevi and Stallone. ”

0 comments:

Post a Comment